Reshaping Education for Tomorrow's European Lawyers - RETEL
Partecipanti al progetto
Descrizione del progetto
The Reshaping Education for Tomorrow's European Lawyers (RETEL) Module's objective is to promote innovation in educating future lawyers in the European Union. The program aims at training future professionals and experts on the existing challenges posed by the rise
of technology to the European legal profession. Simultaneously, RETEL promotes the latest developments in European laws concerning the digital economy and promotes a constructive synergy between academia, policy-makers, and citizens.
The Module is structured around five activities, which will be its principal outputs:
• a participatory lab in which students are able to reverse their stakeholder position and become decision-makers on the role that education should play in their university education
• a newly established course of training tomorrow's European digital jurists
• two conferences intended to launch the event and discuss the role of European laws and policies on innovation and education
• a series of practical interdisciplinary seminars open to the public
• two summer schools for Ph.D. students to present their research agenda in a mixed interdisciplinary environment.
Each activity is expected to involve hundreds of recipients and engage a broad audience of users, spanning from students and citizens to policy-makers. Eventually, RETEL aims to lay the foundations for an effective and coherent synergy of the actions already taken at national, regional, and local levels, promoting excellence in teaching.
The Module conducts targeted educational and public-awareness campaigns by organizing public lectures, thematic exhibitions, open roundtables, and seminars to endorse the European vision of the future.
Finally, the Module promotes the attractiveness of the Union in terms of the high technological level of creative innovation and solutions to a broad section of the public.